Thursday 27 December 2012

Xmas in the Garden of Good And Evil


Spiral Tarot


Yes, I have made it through to the other side of the first half of the festive season - and in one piece. More importantly, so have my nearest and dearest. Mini Diva and Destructo Boy have been totally, thoroughly and overwhelmingly spoiled rotten by their Uncles and Aunties - to whom I offer my heartfelt gratitude; I was very touched by their generosity.

And my Twins have sent me lovely creative things wot they have made speshully for me - Alison sent me a Lenormand Eclectique, which not only makes me right on trend in the tarot world, but it is a collaborative deck in which she was responsible for the design of card 12, Birds:


I had to laugh when I looked up the meaning online and found it means '' verbal communication, phone calls, negotiations, twins, siblings, hectic times, an older couple. The Lenormand Birds are about conversation and chatter. Think of how birds are always chattering and you’ll get a good idea of what this card means. It’s about a lot of conversations, speeches, meetings, interviews, gatherings, high energy, and hecticness while flitting to and from thing to thing, place to place.'' (with thanks to this site) as this is so totally appropriate for both Alison the Good Twin and Ania my Eviller Twin. Really, you needed to ask if I was the quiet one ?

And the lovely gift from Ania my Eviller Twin contains a vein of evil in it that made me snigger: look carefully at the detail of the fabric of this beautiful crochet hook roll that she made for me:




Do you see the cat amongst the pigeons ? This is in the way of another layer on a very longstanding joke on my screen-name ...




And as you can see she has left me lots of space to add to my collection of hooks: oh what a tragedy. 

I would just like to point out, as it is rarer than rocking horse poo for me to have the moral high ground, and for the purpose of being so amazingly pious and holier-than-them, that I am the only Twin who made is through Xmas without a hangover ...



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it :) Tbh, I didn't really have a hangover, I just thought the post would be amusing ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa didn't bring you a hangover for Christmas? It's so sad to feel left out, isn't it? Glad your Christmas was jolly in all the right ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a brilliant hook case! The Evil Twin is most talented! Hope you like your little Lenormand and have fun leaning to play with it. And MY hangover is because ii no longer have a gall bladder. Oh who am I kidding.?! I perhaps need renamed to Good Twin Who Cannot Hold Her Drink :-D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)