Friday 3 May 2013

FO Friday 136: Irish Glam Shells

Whimsical Tarot













So, continuing with the spring theme of green, here is my Irish Glam Shells; Irish because of the brilliant emerald shades of the Jawoll Magic Degrade yarn in the colorway 'Parakeet' :








Please to note the artistically placed drainpipe, almost skillfully hidden. Cobwebs ? Not so much ...




I had more yarn than the pattern specified (437yds vs 400yds), so I did an extra repeat of the trellis lace pattern. However, this left me short when I arrived halfway through the shells border, so I bound off on Row 22 with 6 rows of the shell pattern remaining unknitted.

You'll be happy and relieved to hear that this little run of green has come to a temporary halt - on my needles are a cream WIP and a blue WIP; the blue one commissioned by Destructo Boy for his teacher's end of term present ....

Do remember to pop over to Tami's Amis to see lots more yarny goodness ...




10 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of green, personally, and that shawl is stunning! Yep, this is why I feel ashamed to say I knit, I really don't think what I do fits the description. I'm amazed that you a) follow patterns and b) change them on the fly, and yet c) still make absolutely stunningly beautiful things :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To damned talented for your own good! Get stuff done and SELL it, girl.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I love green too, it really is the perfect color. I need to get something on the needles in green!!! Off to check stash and queue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's beautiful!! Congratulations! (Also: LOL at the drainpipe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely! It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely a parakeet colorway! Well done (drain pipe and all). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project, love the shades of green.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado-osito/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)