Friday 15 April 2016

The Grass is Greener ...

Spiral Tarot




You know how it is, you spend hours and hours trawling the interwebz on a quest to find the perfect eyelash yarn - yes, didn't you know there can be eyelash yarn that is not only wanted but needed ?!






 I know, it's not everyone who can link Meatloaf and knitting - you're welcome.

Anyway. I found some that looked just right for what I needed - something grass-like in color and texture, King Cole Moments in 'Lime':




What arrived illustrates perfectly the perils of shopping online:


ouch ! my eyes ! my eyes !

All in a tizz, I instantly emailed the eBay seller, habby-knitters, begging to return and exchange it, explaining that I had been anticipating something more in the way of Irish or even Surrey fields than those of Chernobyl. 

In response, I received an email telling me to keep the 'Lime' and they would send me something more truly grass-like. In fact, they sent me four more balls without any charge:






















I could make some witty comments about the dumping of nuclear waste, but actually I just wanted to give habby-knitters a shout out for excellent customer service, exceeding by far the minimum solution I'd been hoping for. It's always a (rare) pleasure to be able to really be surprised, touched and pleased by top notch service, and to want to tell others about it.



2 comments:

  1. Excellent customer service! Photographing colours accurately is the devil's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant service and some nice alternate colours :D You could always start knitting a range of swamp thing aliens or something with the dayglo stuff :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)