Wednesday 4 January 2017

New Year, New ...

Tarot of Vampyres


 Nope, it is the old me, but lazier- can you imagine that ? Yes, a challenge, I know.

Today's accompaniment is the following mellifluous version of a country classic:




I have been absent owing to my own ennui,Weltschmerz and angst, as neither did I want to bore you, my Dear Reader, with it nor send you running for the bunker loaded with ammunition and canned goods ...


challenge: name this classic movie



Instead because we are foolhardy brave, we will commit to writing a couple of goals for the coming year:

*   to blog at least weekly, without empathy or compassion for my readers as regards the topics - I will share the ennui/Weltschmerz/angst, with occasional dollops of other stuff

*  to overhaul my website

*  to go 'Cold Sheep' - no buying of yarn this year, knit/crochet only from stash. This has 2 provisos: (1) if any baby knitting becomes necessary, I can buy yarn for those specific projects (2) I have a threshold/big birthday, and if anyone gives me yarn vouchers I can spend them. Except please not vouchers for McADirect - long story for another post.

*  to streamline/downsize/declutter and simplify. Except for yarn and tarot decks, naturellement.

Have you committed publicly to any goals this year ?

3 comments:

  1. Tremors!

    I made my goals public this year and I'm already nervous about the pressure. Hopefully we all come out the other side with relatively unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold Sheep - yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it!!!!! Look forward to the weekly blog posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. I suck at them, so why set myself up for failure. Due to my recent surgery/meds/life I lost some weight. Not intentional, but I will take it. So I guess my "intent" is to maintain where I am at now. But I won't call it a resolution.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)