Wednesday 19 October 2011

WIP Wednesday 63: Old & New











Ooh - er. So Blogger has this shiny new interface; which I'm sure is fabby and squeaky-clean and simple, with bells and whistles too when one knows where to find them. Which will probably take longer than today, that's for sure.

I will tell you all about my most recent soaps in detail on Friday, but in the meanwhile you can see (and buy !) them from my Folksy shop; currently I do not have international shipping listed, but I am happy to find out costs on an individual basis - just drop me a note here in the comments, by email, or message me via Folksy.

Work has continued at a somewhat leisurely pace on the scarf for my BIL, but it is a pleasure working with RYC Classic Silk Wook DK: soft and not splitty, easy to handle.



I think part of the reason I'm liking it quite so much is because it's DK weight, and the shawl I have started for Mini Diva's Christmas present is 4ply. The pattern is another Wendy Johnson shawl, which she ran as a mystery KAL this summer: hence its name, Summer Mystery Shawlette. I love the way that her patterns are written and charted so clearly; and - of course- they are so pretty. I am halfway through Chart B; I am reversing the instructions for the second half (after the spine) as I prefer the shawl to be symmetrical. It is pretty straightforward, but I must remember to not watch exciting/interesting TV when I'm getting used to a new pattern. Or cry at Matthew's stiff upper lip, as tears blur the instructions.

  
I'm using Cygnet Truly Wool Rich 4 ply in 'Baby Blue'. As apparently us growing out of being pink & purple is permanent. It definitely feels wool rich: it has that slight scratchiness I seem to recall from childhood. But I am armed with good fabric conditioner, so I shall not despair as yet.

Don't forget to pop over to Tami's Amis where people concentrate on their creations ....



8 comments:

  1. I like how the pattern for the scarf you're doing looks in the wool-silk. Very elegant. :)

    The summer mystery shawl is fun! I made one of those and it was the first time I ever finished a mystery shawl while the KAL was still going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great!
    Downton Abbey is back! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your WIP's they look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scarf and the color is so pretty! I've never done a mystery shawl... how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous scarf, both the color and pattern. It looks very difficult. Such a fancy scarf for a guy, mine would never wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, it isn't difficult - it's a twin leaf pattern from BW vol.2; it will become more evident when blocked, and won't look quite so fancy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't Matthew heartbreaking? My sister thought I was mad, but there you have it.

    And, as always, love the projects. Especially that red. That's a good, not-black-or-grey-or-blue guy colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magses, I thought he was far more moving than William's dying ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)