Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mission Almost Impossible

What is it with schools and giving almost no notice for things/events that need some serious doing ? On Friday, DD brought home a letter saying that it is World Book Day this Thursday, for her to bring her favorite book, and to dress up as a character from it.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't have been an issue, as DD seizes any and all opportunities to dress up as a princess. Except for this time. This time, she wants to be the witch from a story called 'The Dog with No Voice'. She doesn't have a witch costume. And she would like one for Thursday 'pleeeeeaaaaaaase, Mum'.

It would be an exercise in futility to explain to her the challenges involved in finding a witch costume in March. Plus it would have the same effect on my sanity that scientology has had on Tom Cruise's. Plus, she thinks I can do anything, and this status is something I'm willing to crawl over broken glass to retain for as long as I can.

Thank the Source that trawling eBay is actually not unamusing - and Lo ! at the font, I was watered. A brand new witch's costume arrived this morning, and will not be outgrown (I hope) by Hallowe'en.

And DD continues to think that I am All That.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ! I love comments :-)