Monday 9 August 2010

RAK Extraordinaire

I have never been the recipient of a rampant act of generosity from anyone other than my immediate family and my oldest friend. Until this weekend, that is, when I received an overwhelmingly kind email from another friend, which was an offer to cover the cost of a safety assessment for my soaps.



This person had made the offer before, but I didn't take it seriously, thinking that they were just being nice. The email I received this weekend was somewhat more insistent this time, and reiterated that it was a no strings gift.

Well, I know the saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and you'd think it would be all too easy to snatch off their arm before they changed their mind. But I didn't.

I didn't because such a large random act of kindness is really not something I've experienced, so I wasn't sure what I thought about it, or possible consequences. I also didn't want to feel under an obligation. Mainly though, I don't think I deserved it.

I have decided to accept this incredibly kind and magnanimous largesse, and thank the Source that I have a friend like this.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to accept the gift - your soaps deserve it. And I'm sure you can think of ways to keep the good karma flowing!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic! Now we can ALL buy your soaps without having to knock your website door three times and hand over money in a Tesco's carrier bag :-)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)