Friday 3 June 2011

FO Friday 37: The Death Of King Kong














An odd post title, I agree; but today we say farewell to King Kong, aka The Beast:



This might look like and anachronistic behemoth on the outside - but on the inside ? A heart of efficiently quick functioning gold. Until recently, when he started to moan, whirr and groan at me when he was switched on in the morning, and spring cryptic messages at me on the welcoming screen. Then his arthritic old innards just slowed everything down to a crawl; and as I am a relic of the 80s, having to wait for something is just not a concept that I can grasp.

So I coaxed my über-cool brother into poking around his lair for another Beast, but this time
more of a Godzilla ....




Godzilla and I are still in our honeymoon period, although that won't last too much longer because of his insistence that he has no sound devices: I know my brother used him purely for sound production and mixing work. I think he is enjoying his flying on the interwebz far too much to return to such mundane uses as producing sounds .... but I will brook no disobedience - the Beast will be tamed.


I shall ask DH to dispose of King Kong's body; I am sure that Destructo Boy's peculiar skills will come in handy as regards the old hard drive ...





5 comments:

  1. Is there nowhere that you could take him that he could be reconditioned and given as a freebie to someone (rather than Destructo Boy and his hammer!)?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I couldn't resist clinking on your brother's link. Awesome music. Which instrument does he play? The stand up bass in the song I liked to was great! And wow, hats off to you with the old computers! I can't believe they still run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely, living in a house of techno geeks my computer pet is the bleeding ridge of technology. As far as I know it is magic! I have looked inside and there are no knitting needles or yarn, that is where my expertize ends. I am friendly to it and it is nice to me... all I need to know :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former hardware technician, it was a treat to see King Kong. Wow. I haven't seen one of those in years. Kudos to him lasting so long. They don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodbye, King Kong. Enjoy your spot in computer heaven. After the things you've done during that long, long life of yours, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)