Monday 6 June 2011

Late to the Party: the ABCs of Me



So I saw this over at Sara's blog, then at Yarnpiggy's and Wool Durham too: never one to be left out, there's nothing better for me to blog about on this rainy grey Monday morning ...

A. Age: shady side of 40
B. Bed size: double,
with king size duvet; DH moans about it all the time because it's mine, and his feet hang over the end



C. Chore that you hate: vacuuming; I'd rather clean the toilet than vacuum
D. Dogs: one, handsome but stupid

E. Essential start to your day: used to be, cup of tea and a cigarette; now, just a cup of tea
F. Favorite color: peach/apricot/russet
G. Gold or Silver: Gold
H. Height: 5'3''
I. Instruments you play: used to play oboe, then saxophone, then
clarinet; I have 2 self-taught party pieces for the piano
J. Job title: tarot reader; until 3 years ago I was a licensed house manager
K. Kids: two, Mini Diva and Destructo Boy
L. Live: long and prosper



M. Mother’s name: Hilary
N. Nicknames: sometimes DH calls me 'Biscuits'; I'm too scared to ask why. Only 4 people call me 'Vivi', and one of those is dead.
O. Overnight hospital stays: 3 - one for each of the kids, and one for the kidney infection I had 3 days before Destructo Boy was born
P. Pet peeve: people not doing what they say they will
Q. Quote from a movie: ''Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.''



R. Right or left handed: Right mainly, but can use my left quite well
S. Siblings: Two, both younger: Über-Cool Brother and Auntie Fashion
T. Time you wake up: 5:30-ish. Yes, that's in the morning,
U. Underwear: I like it to match when possible; no Big Pants - I'm married, not dead
V. Vegetable you hate: ummmm.... none, really. I prefer salads though.
W. What makes you run late: getting sucked into something on the interwebz
X. X-Rays you’ve had: teeth and hip
Y. Yummy food that you make: I refuse to admit to yummy food, or else they might make me cook more often
Z. Zoo animal: wild animal ? tiger.

Many apologies for the mixed fonts ....it's obviously a Blogger thing ....

3 comments:

  1. That's cool! Loved the comment about only four people call you Vivi and one of them is dead. I hope the other three are reading lol!

    'Biscuits' hmmm - that's INTERESTING. Maybe you have a wholemeal bottom?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, might have to do this on FB Viv, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent movie quote and I love "L". Major congrats on giving up the morning cig. That one was the hardest for me.

    Er...by the way, due to an unforeseen visit from Offspring I have not mailed the needles yet. How 'bout if I promise to get them mailed by *this* Friday? Will that be ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)