Wednesday 23 April 2014

WIP Wednesday: Disguise Fair Nature ....

Tarot of the Northern Shadows
 








.... with hard favour'd rage (Henry V, III.1)

Why, no, this is not a post about any hormonal or medication-al issues I might have.

No, it isn't a post about the gory Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire - although I'm so annoyed with Martin I'm not going to read any more of the story, even if he actually manages to keep going and complete the next stage/book - me not buying it, will of course make all the difference in the world to him.

Oh I SEE. The wolf.

Well, that's because of this:



Cascade Alpaca Lace in the colorway 'Peony Pink'. Perfectly innocuous, even when pictured on a chair as the big piece of white card I usually use for pics is somehow covered in muddy paw prints, and you'd think, a good match for the Boo Knits pattern 'Sweet Dreams'.

You'd think wrong. 

I had to rip back the stockinette section to the beginning 3 times - I don't know why it kept going so wrong, it's not like it was a challenging part of the pattern. And then once more, just as I reached the final chart for the border - I'd made a huge error somewhere which resulted in the stitch count being wildly out, and the lace pattern being decidedly on the huh. So now it sits in splendid solitude while I stomp and huff around the house, with the dog avoiding my gaze.

Well, OK, so it might actually have something to do with hormones and meds as well, then. Pop over to Tami's Amis and see what balanced people are achieving .....



3 comments:

  1. Such sweet innocent looking yarn ... who knew such deviousness lurks beneath the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would have thought that a good match for that pattern (and of her shawl patterns, actually). Sorry it didn't turn out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! I hope it wasn't painful! I am afraid the shawl I am currently working on is going to be a duh moment when I block the lace and it looks nothing like the chart! I am having tons of trouble following it, and it really isn't that hard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)