Wednesday 2 April 2014

WIP Wednesday: Non-Stop

Housewives Tarot










Well, I almost posted on Monday, but I was so grumpy I didn't: someone who I thought was a decent human being turned out not to be. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they were a puppy-kicker. Anyway.

On to more cheerful things: a dawn raid on our old house resulted in the quick and easy capture of the Inky cat, who seems to have settled down nicely, appearing nonchalant about the increase in number of dogs in the new neighborhood while at the same time seeing off intruders into his new territory:





Yes, he really is that mehusive.

What with the mega-sleepover the kids had at the weekend (7 children altogether), Mini Diva's parents' evening (yes, she continues to overachieve, is on all the sports teams, be socially delightful yadda-yadda) and planting my patio roses retrieved from the old house, plus clue 5 of the Spring Fling MKAL seemed to be about three times the size of the normal clue, I have only managed to get 2/3 of the way through it, although clue 6 was released last Sunday - a quick glance shows we are nearing the end, as it is the short row section ....




There are a squillion beads in there. Not that you can see even one, of course.

But it's all on hold, I have 2 weeks to complete a massive Very Important Project. Crochet, too.

Yes, yes, you're totally right, what AM I doing here chatting with you when I should be hooking my way to glory ?

See what everyone else is up to over at Tami's Amis ....






8 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your project, you should do a close up so we can see the beads in your beautiful work! Hope things get better re the non decent human.
    Sue
    (Crochet Addict UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life is a shock, hope you are fine again.
    The yarn of your work looks divine and I hope you enjoy working with it.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing that blocked, it looks lurvly :) (Got a pic of my dreambird WIP up on Ravelry if you want a looksee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, that is looking lovely, Viv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green is to die for! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting with beads is on my wish-list of knitting! Love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your knitting looks fantastic! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonight on "Get Yer Cumuppance": An Evil Puppy-Kicker misplaces specs plants one on T-Rex camouflaged as Dalmation, which brings 100 more running to the rescue. Hilarity ensues! Meanwhile, our heroine finds time to knit and crochet and block and photograph. Gorgeousness ensues!

    Glad your move went well, even if you didn't emigrate over here like you promised. I miss you every time I pick up a truckload of cashmere/qivuit/unicorn blend for 37¢ at the thrift shops. Sam Cooke was on the short list but missed the final cut. Joe Cocker didn't make it either, and his was the first version I heard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)