Wednesday 16 July 2014

WIP Wednesday : Temper, Temper

Tarot of Durer














So there it is. I am so over shawls right now I can't even tell you. No, the Epic Fail was Monday, and today all I have to show you is a Tantrum:




That is WYS Signature 4ply in 'Bubblegum' - a nice bright color, quite springy, and not a skinny fingering weight yarn. Somewhere there are a couple hundred toning size 6/0 beads. Next to the yarn is the pattern - a beautiful shawl, 'Blue Dahlia', which, in spite of looking complicated, isn't, owing to the clearly charted instructions.

So why the temper and the crumpledness ? Because the publishers chose to print the charts so that they go across the middle of the book, with a break in the middle, rather than printing them landscape style so it would fit in one piece. In addition, the charts are not large. These 2 things combined to make what tennis buffs call a 'forced error' which I could not fix.

So I threw it across the room and ripped - ripped being the operative phrase - it all out, beads sproinging off to all corners.

I am SO over shawls right now.

So I started a cardigan. In beige. I have no idea why I chose this color, it's so nothingy.




Madaket, using Drops Lima. I still don't think this is quite unthinking enough of a knit for my requirements - I'll be spending time keeping company with Auntie Fashion in the hospice to which she has been moved, so I need to occupy my hands but not so much my brain or concentration. Perhaps some kind of crochet for my squillions of metres of yarn leftovers ....



3 comments:

  1. You can do it! Don't give up on such a gorgeous shawl!! Wow, could they have at least asked that model to smile, or not look so frowny? LOL On a serious note, prayers to you and family and Auntie Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't crochet, but I just saw http://www.ravelry.com/projects/CatinaCrochets/moroccan-market-tote on Ravelry. It seems pretty. Maybe you could do that with scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can soothe your soul with the pretty roses I posted for you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)