Monday 19 January 2015

MKAL Monday 2: Bling-a-Bling

Tarot of Durer













Remember I told you I had chosen to make the medium size of the Lily Go 'Lightning Thief' MKAL ?  Even that involves 1242 size 8/0 beads, apparently. After Clue 2, this is what it looks like:






And a close-up, just for effect ....




And since it's Monday, I should tell you of my rookie mistake - while I wait for the next clue, I can't start on the next in my special series of 6 shawls for 2015, because like a complete dodo I forgot that I'd need to ball the skein of Drops Laceweight I bought to replace the disappointing Violet Green Merino Lace which I shuffled off donated gifted to my Eviller Twin. Anyway, I have a ballwinder (oh yes, I've made ALL the jokes) but no swift, so I need another person to hold the skein, but there's only me and Sebastian here.

I'm also on the hunt for white or ivory laceweights available without hassles in the UK; silk and alpaca and/or blends thereof are most welcome as is anything else on the luxury end of the scale - if you have any suggestions or recommendations for yarn and websites, please let me know ....


5 comments:

  1. Looking good. I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to need more beads for mine :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luxury yarn, you know I'm your woman. PM me. And this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)