Friday 9 September 2011

FO Friday 51: The Wheel Turns










THE END OF SUMMER


The summer days are fading, as they must
From endless hours to short and fleeting light
The bird's once bright, immortal tune, now cries
A melancholy aura to the dusk
The children fiercely climb, and dream, and race
Before their wild and unchained days depart
And yet beneath the zeal lies a half heart
For there isn't time, there's only enough space
The sun seems low, a hazy orange sphere
Now reminiscing sweetly of the days
When endlessly before you summer lay
And as in the deep, crimson dusk you stir
Your soul joins with the birds in wistful brood
Crying for lost summer days, for childhood

[author's name removed by her own request, received via email 26 Sept. 2011]


The wheel of the seasons definitely feels like it's turned this week: what with the gales, rain, clouds, gray skies and chilly evenings, it seems like a switch was flicked: beginning of term = autumn. And looking at our patio reinforces that:


May 2011


end July 2011


beginning Sept. 2011

It's clearly time to pull the summer bedding and get ready for planting spring bulbs, and winter/spring bedding.

Another FO today is a batch of Aztec Queen Soap: loaded
with cocoa butter, a creamy mix of vanilla and chocolate makes this a smooth and special soap ....



Head over to Tami's Amis to see who else is talking about Autumn ....


15 comments:

  1. I hate to see summer end but planting some bulbs would be such a hopeful sign.
    Your soap looks lovely. Almost good enough to eat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gnnnnnnnnn, soap! That looks divine and I can almost smell it. I might have licked my screen also :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the soap, but want to eat it not bath with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soaps sound tasty... Which is why I am not allowed food scented soaps ;) They look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am slightly disturbed that I'd like a bit of your soap! For some reason, it looks tasty. Happy re-gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice soap. PS congrats on quitting smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the season switch might have been pushed on that side of the pond, but we're having an Indian summer here in the Pacific Northwest to beat the band! The hottest temps of the year are expected between now and next Monday. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo you know before i read anything, I thought that looked yummy enough to eat....but since its soap, it must smell really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather is killing my plants as well. Unfortunately here it is due to the extreme heat we've experienced the past few days. We always get really hot in September for some reason. Have a great time planting the new bulbs and the soap looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that soap looks great! I wish I could smell through the screen! My plants are long gone, but I"m not good with keeping up with the gardening... some nice bright oranges, yellows and reds will make it look nice and autumn-y for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Depressed...after our non existent summer. I don't think we enjoyed our garden at all this summer and your patio definitely looks better than ours. Your soap looks like I want to eat it, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that soap looks divine!

    We were really late planting our pots so they still look okay at the moment. Autumn is here for sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that soap looks so yummy! I loved Autumn when I lived on the west coast but here in Calgary we live in fear that summer with proceed directly into winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your soap sounds a bit too nice. Wash with it or eat it.......I would love a scratch and sniff computer because I am sure that smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)