Wednesday 15 August 2012

WIP Wednesday 106: Lady Sings the Blues

Fenestra Tarot











Although I love this pattern, and the Rico Cotton Aran is a great yarn, unfortunately there has been a short hiatus in my progress with Fitzroy (from the Dolce Handknits book):



It's called, forgetting you'd modified the body to be longer because you are past the age of way too classy to be displaying your stomach in public and so now, you fool, you have run out of yarn when halfway up the sleeves. A quick call to Knitworking meant I could snabble a couple more balls of the same dyelot in the navy colorway - this is the plus side of buying yarn and using it for a project immediately, rather than letting it gaze at you accusingly from your stash.

And thus we arrive at today:


  


All there is to do now is sew it up, add the neck border, and 6 buttons. Perhaps you might see a picture on Friday, but don't hold your breath.

While I was waiting for the top-up yarn to be delivered, I thought I'd better crack on with Destructo Boy's sweater for school, and managed to whizz through the back:


 
 The pattern is Sirdar 1912, using that great workhorse yarn, Stylecraft Special DK. I have made this pattern a couple of times now, both as tank tops and sweaters. He has promised - on pain of death - that not only will he wear it when it is cold at Christmas time, he will not lose this one. I am ever the optimist, so I maintain an open mind about it.

Don't forget to pop over to Tami's Amis for lots more project updates .....


6 comments:

  1. Wait, are you actually knitting for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. C***, must make my DD log out *before* I comment !
      Yes, and I have another FO for Friday that is mine, all mine, my precioussss .... :-D

      Delete
  2. Lucky you could get the dyelot! It definitely is a plus side of using the yarn right away - that and being able to return for exchange any leftover - but I seem to need to learn it over and over and over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff, as always, and good to see you making more stuff for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's great luck you were able to get more yarn, and from the same lot! That's a happy ending to a tragic story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)