Wednesday 16 September 2009

Too Much ....


...to do.

This week I have realized I am spending waaay too much time on the interweb as a form of avoidance. I did manage to buckle down and take up and hem my DS's first pair of school trousers, ready for the start of kindergarten today.

But I am giving a talk for TABI on Saturday in Bury St.Edmunds, and so far have only a few draft notes written down for my theme, which is 'Fun & Amusement: The Forgotten Side of Tarot'.

I am also avoiding setting in the sleeves of DD's school sweater, knitted in an eye-watering shade of green called'Jade'.





I hate sewing. So why did I buy a dress pattern marked 'easy' in order to attempt a dress for DD ? And when did fabric prices get so high ? I remember when 'home-made' was the cheap option: for what I paid for nearly 2 yards of medium-priced cotton fabric, I probably could have got 4 or 5 clothing items from Primark. And I have the challenge of making it in secret, as it's intended for Christmas, in a house with no storage or space built for elf-sized people instead of humans.

I have spring-cleaned my father's house ready for his return this weekend, at least. My own house is not looking quite as trashed as usual - what does it tell you that I have done housework rather than the stuff I need to do with a deadline ? I find further excuses for not getting the Musts done in the approximately 3 hours I spend in the day trudging up and down the big hill to school - no point in starting anything, as I have to go to school in a little minute ....

I suddenly recall what it is I'm doing - procrastinating; as we know from the Eartha Kitt song, 'procrastination is the thief of time'. And surfing the net is the King means of procrastinating .....
But now, off to school to collect DD ....and so the cycle continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ! I love comments :-)