Wednesday 7 September 2011

WIP Wednesday 57: Twiddling










...my thumbs. Short and sweet post today, as you won't believe how much time twiddling sucks up.

Mini Diva went back to school yesterday, Destructo Boy today. I popped into town to remedy the parenting fail discovered this morning: no new school socks for Destructo Boy. This - of course - led me to also top up their stash of pants and vests - it's been all too easy to believe in the arrival of autumn with the recent gales and winds; it's the earliest that I remember DH being winded off at the port, too.

I've been pretty consistent with my efforts, so that I've now completed one sleeve of the Vintage Cabled Sweater; I modified it so that there is only one cable framed either side by a mock cable, rather than a full repeat of the front & back pattern: I thought this would be quicker, easier, and also, if done in the full pattern, when put together, the whole effect might be a little ... too much:



And I may just complete UberCool Brother's scarf this week too:



Let's just pretend that the bottom of the photo being missing is totally on purpose. There's some great photos of things to look at over at Tami's Amis ....

13 comments:

  1. Such lovely colors! That sleeve is a great idea, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that green colour, its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like the pattern on the Brother's Scarf. Definitely a lovely unisex pattern that a guy wouldn't be embarrassed to wear. And the color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thank you for commenting on my blog...my blanket is made using robin's chunky picasso wool, i love that stuff because its really soft and as you said, it has nice colour changes :)

    I like the colour of your scarf its a pretty green :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great! I love your sleeve plan. I think it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Ubercool scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just edgy photo skillz you have. LOL. Love the color of that scarf yarn. Pretty all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea on the sleeve. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The knitting is looking wonderful, as always. I'm starting to feel guilty weather-wise. We gripe if the overcast isn't cleared by 10, and SF is just about to enter its true summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your brother better love that scarf - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scarf! It's awesome and the colour is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sweater and scarf are both looking good. I like that scarf pattern.

    I had a Destructo Boy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a mini diva too...commiserations (lol). Love the green.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)