Friday 2 September 2011

FO Friday 50: Small Things











The final Friday of the summer holidays ... Destructo Boy is fully kitted out for the new school year; Mini Diva ... not so much. I have postponed the purgatory that is uniform shopping for her until tonight, when I can make the suffering joint by including DH in the process. I already did the shoe-shopping without murdering her, so my place in a martyr's heaven is assured.

Since UberCool Brother's Scarf, and the Lilac Vintage Cabled Sweater seem to be such slow movers, instead I finished the hat made with the leftover ball of Robin Picasso Chunky; because of the modifications I made (which included a row of eyelets especially so we could have ribbon), it doesn't look so much like the beret of the pattern, but a rather dinky mob cap kind of thing. Regardless, it fits, all her hair fits in/under it, it'll be lovely and toasty warm in winter, and she looks super-cute in it:








































And the first soap of the new season is out of the molds (custom molds !), an unscented, uncolored Oatmeal, Honey & Goatsmilk that is currently nameless ....


As usual, lots of pretty things to see over at Tami's Amis ....

17 comments:

  1. That hat is gorgeous, in fact it is more gorgeous than the pattern ;) Love the addition of the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat, and I think I might want some of that soap. Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! It's nice to have a little something you can crank out quickly when you're working on a project that's more of a slow cook. Also, the soap looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You MUST get marketing your soap properly.

    Hat looks fantastic. Cool, casual....and toasty!

    AX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want scratch and sniff internet.

    Love the hat.

    May the force be with you tonight during uniform shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that hat!!!
    You mean, you actually can make your husband go clothes shopping with you for the kids? I think I need to make up for 17 years of doing it alone and send him out alone with 17 and 14 year old daughters. And, make him do the Christmas shopping this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is super-cute in the mob cap look! I like your modifications.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hat but I REALLY love the soap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hat looks great! That's a lot of awesome soap you have right there!! I noticed you said it was un-scented. I have crazy sensitive skin, and can't use scented soaps. If yours works for sensitive skin, I'd love to try a bar. Are you planning on selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do sell it indeed, Tami :-) It will be ready in about 4 weeks time ... and is fine with sensitive skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hat is awesome, I love it! And the colours are gorgeous! Making your own soap is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! I love the mob cap shape and the colors are great. Very impressed with the handmade soap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour and style of your hat! The ribbon is perfect. You make me want to dig out my soap moulds as well, it has been a long time.............

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful soap! I'm a newbie soap maker, and mine doesn't look anywhere near that nice! (well, yet... maybe someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cap is beautiful! And the soap looks pretty incredible too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The hat is so sweet! With the ribbon added to the picot details, it has a vintage feel to it, whereas the original didn't. Really charming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)