Friday 1 August 2014

Sad Lammas

 
Hanson-Roberts Tarot


So today it's Lammas, one of the old cross-quarter days, that marks the first harvest of the year. And in some ways my sister's funeral service was an opportunity to see the harvest that her life brought her: the many, many friends and family that attended - some having travelled great distances - to pay their respects to her, share their memories of her, mourn her loss and show support for her family.


Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery


Mythic Tarot




















For me, III The Empress with her prolific bounty is linked in perpetuity with XIII Death, for without one there cannot be the other: without Death, there can be no growth; without growth there can be no Death - and harvest always means death: a scythe cuts down wheat as well as souls.

The star in this card reminds us that in death there is also new life .... which will end in time with another harvest. And that is what makes the Circle.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you who took the time to send me kind words at this time - you do not know how much they are appreciated: thank you very much.





9 comments:

  1. *holds Viv's hand and gives a squeeze*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hug from me too.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A harvest tinged with sadness, to be sure. Beautiful, though, that you can see the circle. (((Hugs))) Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a very moving post, Viv. Big hug x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepest sympathies. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you are so no stranger to death and loss. I am truly sorry, and sending you all positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tender, beautiful post. Healing thoughts to you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel that the hole in my life, which used to be filled by a loved one, is not entirely empty. I can still reach in and pull out a beautiful memory. As alway, love and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)