Friday 24 January 2014

FO Friday 169: Penstemon 'Sour Grapes'

Robin Wood Tarot















I am still embroiled in the creative mess process, so I'm cheating again and posting a FO which I finished during the Xmas holidays:






This is a pattern called 'Penstemon', after the flower; I have called mine Penstemon 'Sour Grapes', as my yarn was pretty much the color of that specific cultivar:


pic from mostlynatives.com


It's quite a recent pattern - the Eviller Twin Ania thought I stood in need of just one more shawl pattern (who doesn't ?) so she gifted it to me.




 



Her evilness didn't really pan out this time, though - it is not as complicated as it looks, taking me about 3 or 4 days off and on to complete. I used a skein of Fyberspates Cashmere Lace in the colorway 'Plum', which I snatched from a fellow-Raveller's destash for a humungously bargainous price. Yes, I'm sure that those are real proper words, why ?

I've linked to it even though it is discontinued, just so you can envy my luck and be jealous, and plus I need to display my own Evil sometimes, you know. I do have a bit of a rep to maintain. 

I modified this shawl ever so slightly as I prefer a more half-circle shape than the shallow crescent of the original. The pale marks are where the dye didn't take where the yarn was bound, but it actually adds to this particular pattern, so I am more than happy. And wow, the softness ! This cashmere was all that AND a bag of chips. Just saying, yanno ? but I luffs cashmere (and angora) and my birthday is approaching at breakneck speed ....

 



Now I must run as I have an appointment with a water-lily, and you have one over at Tami's Amis, where the numbering sequence has gone slightly astray .....



8 comments:

  1. This is a wow shawl!!! I love the color, and the design is so beautiful and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Off to mark the pattern deets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and elegant looking shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shawl!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-sombrerero-y-liebre-de-marzo/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The color is just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)