Wednesday 22 January 2014

WIP Wednesday 177: Mind The Gap

Tarot of Durer














I am not a very creative person. I am perhaps a craftsman, an artisan in some ways - I have a little talent, and I practice what skills I have, but with other people's creativity and inspiration. I am unable to turn the rather nebulous ideas I occasionally have into reality, so - ever practical - rather than cover myself with sackcloth and ashes, I forget about it and search for the attractive or beautiful patterns that others have created, and try to do them justice by the standard of my work.

However, every now and then I simply cannot find exactly what I want, and nothing else will do. I dislike being in this position, as it makes me face the fact that I might actually be a little less than perfect. I know ! Almost impossible to imagine, I agree. Introspection and self-analysis is also not one of my strengths - but you knew that already. 

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
                                                                                                    Eleanor Roosevelt.


My MIL is worth the grief and hassle of wrestling with An Actual Idea, and as long as I can manage it without the dire consequence of personal growth, I shall make the attempt. Here is what it looks like:





I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.
                                                                                                           Benjamin Disraeli


Yes, that is a heap of Summer Garden Blankey in the Time Out corner. It is there to watch and learn from my MIL's project being beaten into submission. 

Go and see some lovely things over at Tami's Amis ....




1 comment:

  1. This looks like a big step for you - pushing your crafting envelope to the max. I have every confidence that you will be able to create what you're after :-)

    AX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)