Monday 11 March 2013

I'm a Survivor

The Restorers, Druid Plant Oracle


I made it through the weekend ! Go me !

This is no mean feat: remember Mini Diva had a slumber party with 4 friends over. That is five 10 year old girls altogether. We ran some of the steam off during the afternoon, at the park; then we all ate tons and tons of pizza; then they got out their sleeping bags, sweeties and 'Mirror, Mirror' DVD  .....then played a raucous game of 'Murder in the Dark'.

They trashed the room and then fell asleep late. They were awake early, breakfasting on more sweeties. After collection by their various parents, the only dispossessed item we had leftover was a mere one pair of socks.

The trashed room had been cleared up by the girls as a team, including the spilled cups of water; nothing was broken, the browser history is showing only Vevo and Youtube music videos (no Justin Bieber, they do have a modicum of taste).

So I did the ironing, opened my fabulous Mothers' Day present and went back to bed for a snooze; DH cooked me fresh asparagus and steak for dinner, followed by Tarte Tatin. I would show you a photo,but I only thought of that after I'd eaten it all. Trust me, it was good. Not as good as mine (like his roast potatoes) but a good attempt nonetheless.

This morning the kids went to school in the falling snow, and Sebastian and I got our daily dose of fresh air with snow too: he is now snoozing contentedly on his big dog bed, and I think I may go try to catch up a bit with the Mrs.Tumnus KAL. But it's far more likely that I shall copy the dog, just that I will be on the sofa.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a noisy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great weekend was had by all:) Enjoy the peace and quiet of today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun all around, but is Mother's Day celebrated in March in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you survived..... I hope you have your feet up and enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wally :-) I had a great snooze until the cat sneezed over my face ...

      Delete
  5. I used to play Murder In The Dark but I never understood the rules. Is this my chance to learn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no. We shut the door and went away to drink red wine :-)

      Delete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)