Friday 19 June 2015

FO Friday 25/15: The End of Stripes

Housewives Tarot












In amongst the electrical appliance disasters, Cub events, cricket matches, committee meetings, the approach of the 10th Anniversary TABI Conference and domestic drudgery goddessery I completed a great little baby jacket, but forgot to share it with you.

I found the pattern when I was browsing through my knitting magazines (I don't buy them often, but over time they do still amass) in Woman's Weekly Knitting & Crochet Special Jan.2011; it actually is a Sublime pattern called 'Little Bertie' - and it was the colors that caught my eye:




Yes, it does say the yarn should be Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK. I know, there are no limits to the crazy, right ? It says it is machine washable, but we need things that a new mum does not have to think twice about, let alone the cost: even the smallest size will be approx.£16/$25. Our Snowflake will be just as Special in spite of wearing ordinary yarn. So here is my version, using remnants from my yarn basket:




Of course, I like mine more. The shawl collar variation was in the magazine. I loved this pattern: loved the design, the colors, the stripes, and it was an error-free quick knit.

But I won't be making it again, because - all. the. endz. You can't really carry the colors up the side because 4 colors make for a sizeable lump in the seams, and it was a real pain to have to weave in all those millions of ends ...

Pop 'FO Friday' into Google and see what happens ...


2 comments:

  1. No mum wants anything for her Smallum that cannot be tossed in for a quick wash cycle - so well done you! Love the colours and love the shawl collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anymore if I do cardigans with bunches of ends I steek the front and armholes!! But I generally avoid them. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)