Wednesday 31 July 2013

WIP Wednesday 155: Pretence of Normality

Fenestra Tarot














As you can tell by the fact that I'm posting, I am feeling MUCH better - I am still totally aware of the dodgy tooth, but there is no pain right now - and please may it stay that way right through my next dental visit too. Oddly enough, I have somewhat lost my appetite for food that needs chewing, and the weather is far too hot for soup, so the plus side to all these shenanigans might be a little weight loss.

I was so discombobulated by the drama, lack of sleep and pain that I couldn't even knit, so I made up for lost time yesterday, with Mini Diva's Grade 6 School Cardigan. She is worried that by the time I finish it, it will no longer fit her as she is growing like a proverbial weed, but I have anticipated this, and added a bit of extra length to the body and sleeves.

Another vintage pattern from the charity shop, it looks a bit dated I think mainly because of the photography and the spot-on length of the sleeves at the wrist:






Sirdar DK 4122 says it is a 'tunic' but I call it a nice bum-warming winter cardigan; and it has the huge advantage of pockets. The cabling detail, which is also on the back, stops this from becoming a totally boring project to make. Grade 6 get to wear cool black instead of ooky jade, which is a little hard on my eyes for totally different reasons:








This is a cheap  inexpensive no-name acrylic (£1.00/approx. $1.52 for 100g, no yardage given on the label), but it is knitting up quite nicely, and will of course be better for a soothing wash; I bought 4 balls, and with one complete ball and a bit left, have only the right front, button bands and sewing up to go, so I am pretty hopeful I have enough yarn to complete it. 

Pop over to Tami's Amis where I am sure there are no worrisome toothaches slowing things down .....




7 comments:

  1. The cardigan will look fine. The model is just doing that 70s 3-button pose that was so popular :)

    I might try to knit Sonshine something for school. In black. Then, again *considers the hassle of knitting in black* maybe not :-D

    Good luck with the toof!

    AX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black is not an easy colour to knit - very hard to see what's going on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your tooth is calming down! I love the sweater. Even if it is acrylic the color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're feeling better:)
    The cardigan is fantastic. I bet it will get worn all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage model has a very "Mary Tyler Moore" look about her! But it's a very practical cardigan and yay for pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious, how many of MD's & DB's schoolmates get handknit cardis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cardigan look very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ! I love comments :-)