Monday 14 May 2012

Fanfare for the Winner

So what with everything, builders and rain (both are still here, after a brief weekend respite) I totally forgot that there was a competition to be judged and won !

It was the poetry competition of Day 5 of this year's Knit & Crochet Blog Week: there weren't as many entries as last year, so I have put them here for your delectation:

Paradise
Cluttered Disheveled
Hunting Digging Finding 
$2.49 bag of Noro
Thrift Shop

 
The knitting needles sound,
Click clack click.
I had to frog this round
Because I dropped another stitch.



 Creative brain? I'm insane....and I have the stash to show it!



  
The Zauberball (or 'Why They Are Pretty, But Not So Easily Manageable As A Centre-Pull Ball, But We Forgive Them, Because They are Pretty'). By Mimi Poe Hill. Aged 33⅓.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over a many quaint and curious pattern in the Ravelry Store,
While my needles, gently clicking, around the yarn, softly tickling,
Pointy needles softly pricking, fingers held aloft for stitches more,
While the ball, slowly unravels, unravels all over the front room floor - 
Over carpet, out the door.

http://www.catclipart.net
 
Feeling myself totally unqualified to choose a winner, I asked Alison of Hestia's Larder to choose, as she used to be an Editor and is an Author too.
She chose 'The Zauberball' by Mimi of Eskimimi Makes.

Congratulations, Mimi !  Something yarny will be wending its way to you as soon as you email me your snail mail address ...

Thank you to those who took part ... come back next year for another try.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ! I love comments :-)